This blog has been dormant for quite some time, almost 3 years actually.
Many things happened in between:
- I completed 3 more Half Ironman
- I completed an Ironman (the full distance one) in 2018, with a pretty good time for a first-timer
- I qualified for and competed in the European Championship and World Championship for Olympic distance
In a future post I'll tell a bit more about those events and what how I think I'll keep on evolving this blog.
Prerequiste for this "reboot" was a bit of technical maintenance on the blog engine. Thanks to a bit too much stress at work, I decided to take a week off to cool down a bit, and also take care of my own personal IT projects. And one of those was upgrading my blog to the latest version of Umbraco (v8.5) and of Articulate (v4.1).
The upgrade also included:
- All thing HTTPS
- Social media cards for better sharing on Twitter and Facebook
- Better handling of post images
- Better category page
- Tag cloud (in case that is still a thing)
- Social Icons on top (including Strava and Instagram)
If anyone is into blogging and wants to help improve my blog, please feel free to contact me. I'd really love to make this a more professional-looking blog.
Hope you enjoy the new engine, hopefully everything still work fine.
Till next time!